One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A balance for weighing masses of a fraction of a gram.
- ‘Fresh flower mass was obtained using a microbalance.’
- ‘Particulate mass was recorded using the tapered-element oscillating microbalance method.’
- ‘The second 1 cm diameter disc cut from each leaf was weighed immediately on an electronic microbalance to the nearest 0.1 mg.’
- ‘The flies used in the metabolic rate study were later weighed to the nearest microgram on a microbalance.’
- ‘The mass concentration by tapered elemental oscillating microbalance was on average slightly lower than mass concentration measured by filter, but there was good agreement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.