One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A balance for weighing masses of a fraction of a gram.
- ‘The flies used in the metabolic rate study were later weighed to the nearest microgram on a microbalance.’
- ‘The mass concentration by tapered elemental oscillating microbalance was on average slightly lower than mass concentration measured by filter, but there was good agreement.’
- ‘Fresh flower mass was obtained using a microbalance.’
- ‘The second 1 cm diameter disc cut from each leaf was weighed immediately on an electronic microbalance to the nearest 0.1 mg.’
- ‘Particulate mass was recorded using the tapered-element oscillating microbalance method.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.