One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A grid of DNA segments of known sequence that is used to test and map DNA fragments, antibodies, or proteins.
- ‘Many of the genes on the microarray are expressed sequence tags of uncharacterized genes.’
- ‘For future studies, whether using microarrays, proteomics or genetics, I believe it is essential that this requirement is met and it is now the time to develop large-scale annotation programmes.’
- ‘Note that gene microarrays have gotten so powerful that these researchers were able to check the expression levels of all the known genes in a human cell.’
- ‘A microarray consists of single-stranded DNA arranged on a wafer the size of a postage stamp.’
- ‘This may require assaying a range of enzymes, and will increasingly involve transcriptome analysis on DNA microarrays, or proteome analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.