One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A grid of DNA segments of known sequence that is used to test and map DNA fragments, antibodies, or proteins.
- ‘Note that gene microarrays have gotten so powerful that these researchers were able to check the expression levels of all the known genes in a human cell.’
- ‘For future studies, whether using microarrays, proteomics or genetics, I believe it is essential that this requirement is met and it is now the time to develop large-scale annotation programmes.’
- ‘Many of the genes on the microarray are expressed sequence tags of uncharacterized genes.’
- ‘This may require assaying a range of enzymes, and will increasingly involve transcriptome analysis on DNA microarrays, or proteome analysis.’
- ‘A microarray consists of single-stranded DNA arranged on a wafer the size of a postage stamp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.