One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quantitative analysis of chemical compounds using a sample of a few milligrams.
- ‘It was shown by X-ray microanalysis that high [K +] and low [Na +] existed in the endodermal cells of alkali grass roots, suggesting this to be the tissue where Cs + inhibition occurs.’
- ‘The most common technique is called EDX spectrometry - energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis.’
- ‘For that reason the identical apoplastic regions chosen for the LAMMA investigations were also analysed by energy-dispersive X-ray microanalysis.’
- ‘The results of x-ray microanalysis allowed us to identify the fibers as the tremolite-actinolite fibrous amphibole found in the quarries and in the building material of Biancavilla.’
- ‘We studied the morphological and compositional differences of the fibrous amphibole samples with scanning electron microscopy and with energy dispersive spectroscopy x-ray microanalysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.