One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In other words, the spherical micelles would allow more water penetration into the micellar interior and this, in principle, could lead to a reduction in tryptophan lifetime.’
- ‘When the average diameter is less than 100 the system is called a micellar emulsion.’
- ‘Unlike preparations of these hydrophobic chromophores prepared in micellar form (data not shown), measured spectra were sufficiently stable over several hours to allow difference spectra to be determined.’
- ‘As the concentration of the detergent decreases from these lipid-detergent and lipid-protein-detergent micellar solutions, lipid bilayers are progressively formed in which the transmembrane proteins are incorporated.’
- ‘In fact, the affinity of anions toward cationic micellar aggregates, that is the degree of counterion binding, has been found to follow the Hofmeister series.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.