The reciprocal of an ohm, a former unit of electrical conductance.
- ‘I searched the site and could not find the conversion between reciprocal ohms or mhos and siemens.’
- ‘An older name for the siemens is the mho, which, of course, is ohm spelled backwards (which was written as an inverted Greek omega).’
- ‘According to the current national standard in the United States, the mho is not to be used.’
- ‘The maximal resolution of the system was .0488 [micro] mho.’
- ‘Skin conductance is usually measured in ‘Siemens’ units although sometimes ‘mho’ is used.’
Late 19th century: the word ohm reversed.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.