One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such prints, decoratively framed, are known, in a rather derogatory way, as furniture prints, and stipple engravers were openly despised by the elite line engravers - who also despised and envied the mezzotinters.’
- ‘His father, Phillip Dawe, was a well known mezzotinter who produced many prints after the paintings of Henry Robert Morland.’
- ‘Thomas Frye was one of the most successful mezzotinters of his era, as well as a portraitist in oil, pastel and miniature.’
- ‘He went on to become the finest mezzotinter of his time.’
- ‘He studied print-making under the mezzotinter and miniaturist, William Pether and, from 1780, at the Royal Academy Schools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.