One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic drug used to treat trichomoniasis and some similar infections.
- ‘Enteric flora modification with antibiotics, such as metronidazole or neomycin, is a second-line treatment, and can be used in combination with lactulose.’
- ‘Other antibiotics include clindamycin, metronidazole, and trimethoprim.’
- ‘The standard perioperative care consisted of lactulose, metronidazole and analgesics.’
- ‘Because of the risks to infants whose mothers have trichomonas, some researchers have recommended that pregnant women who have the infection be treated with the antibiotic metronidazole.’
- ‘The patient was treated with cefepime, vancomycin hydrochloride, metronidazole, tobramycin sulfate, and granulocyte-colony stimulating factor.’
1960s: from me(thyl) + (ni)tro- + (im)idazole.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.