Change or adapt to a metric system of measurement.
- ‘Everything from cough mixture to nail varnish is already metricated in the city's pharmacies.’
- ‘The theory offers a novel way to metricate Hofmeister effects and also leads to thermodynamic quantities, which account for the influence of salts.’
- ‘Napoleon Bonaparte started to metricate the world in the early 1800s. Two hundred years later, the US still has problems in following the rest of the world.’
- ‘Imagine - the European Commission might want to harmonise uniforms and cap badges, or even metricate them.’
- ‘If I follow his argument correctly, then logically we shall need to metricate all other things such as time, for example.’