One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I admire greatly your own translations from a wide variety of European writers: these seem to free you up metrically in certain ways, and also allow more demonstrative rhetorical gestures than you generally permit in your own writing.’
- ‘(Reece's ghazals are spiritually but not metrically linked to that form).’
- ‘Here are a few metrically representative lines from one of the first popular raps.’
- ‘The group then uses this metrically ambiguous unit as a hinge between the first and second main sections.’
- ‘Here she breaks what is actually a metrically regular dactylic line so that the beat is undermined and countered by the line breaks: a subtle disorienting of form and expectation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.