One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows great attention to detail; very thoroughly.‘a meticulously researched book’as submodifier ‘meticulously clean utensils’
- ‘He began meticulously glueing pieces of broken mirror glass onto the interior wood paneling.’
- ‘His buildings are ideologically based, experientially nuanced, meticulously thought through.’
- ‘In his work, buildings appear drenched in a sunlight, which plays over the meticulously painted brickwork.’
- ‘She had meticulously recorded all the data concerning his labor.’
- ‘The printer had to work meticulously to align the colors well along the lines.’
- ‘Throughout the process, he has meticulously planned every detail with the help of engineers.’
- ‘The Japanese architect devoted more than three decades to meticulously planning the building.’
- ‘In unsettling contrast to its meticulously groomed environs, an aura of dilapidation pervades the site.’
- ‘Displayed on the gallery floor were seven disks made of synthetic hair, each meticulously combed out to a diameter of five feet.’
- ‘The technique involves deconstructing the overall design into thousands of precise pieces, each meticulously positioned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.