One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- systematic chemical name for toluene
- ‘Toluene (methylbenzene) was ranked as 33 out of the 208 ranks.’
- ‘Like any other hydrocarbons, benzene and methylbenzene burn in a plentiful supply of oxygen to give carbon dioxide and water.’
- ‘Octane number upgrading is also possible with tert-butylalcohol, but this is available in too small quantities to be a viable alternative to up-grading with methylbenzene (toluene).’
- ‘For example if hydrogen chloride is dissolved in an organic compound such as methylbenzene no acidic properties are shown, unlike when it is dissolved in water.’
- ‘Toluene (methylbenzene) is an aromatic hydrocarbon natural product of diagenic origin and an important commercial chemical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.