1 Mix or impregnate with methanol or methylated spirit.
Introduce a methyl group into (a molecule or compound)
- ‘In many organisms, nuclear DNA is methylated at cytosine residues, resulting in 5-methylcytosine.’
- ‘An enzyme that methylates the carboxyl side chain of IAA has recently been described.’
- ‘Some molecules are heavily methylated while others are not, consistent with our previous observations.’
- ‘When this hydroxyl group is then methylated to give there is a very significant, 3000-fold, decrease in inhibitor binding.’
- ‘The ability of these compounds to methylate DNA, however, correlated with the biological activity.’