Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for acetonitrile
- ‘In a small round-bottomed flask mix 3 cc. of water and 6 cc. of concentrated sulphuric acid; cool the mixture and add 5 grams of methyl cyanide.’
- ‘Less obvious and more tentative identifications include methyl cyanide, sulfur dioxide, acetylene.’
- ‘This gives rise to compounds such as methyl cyanide.’
- ‘The motivation to observe methyl cyanide is due to the fact that it is an abundant symmetric top molecule which is a good temperature tracer.’
- ‘But once frigid clouds of dust and gas begin to condense, methyl cyanide begins to dominate hydrogen cyanide in the center of the cloud where sun-like stars and planets will form.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.