One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for methanol
- ‘Methanol, which is also known as methyl alcohol, wood spirit, and wood naptha, is the simplest example of an alcohol.’
- ‘Endogenous peroxidase activity was quenched by treating the slides with 3% hydrogen peroxide in methyl alcohol for 10 minutes.’
- ‘Another example of the usefulness of this technology is in determining potential environmental impacts of using methyl alcohol instead of gasoline in internal combustion engines.’
- ‘The member for Otago raised an interesting point relating to methyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol.’
- ‘Planned and feasible solutions include obtaining hydrogen through water electrolysis and then producing ammonia by adding nitrogen to the hydrogen, or producing methyl alcohol by adding carbon to the hydrogen.’
methyl alcohol/ˈmeTHəl ˈalkəˌhäl/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.