One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic drug with more rapid and lasting effects than amphetamine, used illegally as a stimulant and as a prescription drug to treat narcolepsy and maintain blood pressure.
A methyl derivative of amphetamine; chemical formula C₆H₅CH₂CH(CH₃)NH(CH₃)
- ‘As for drugs, methamphetamine is not the way to go here.’
- ‘The high risk associated with injection of methamphetamine is important for several reasons.’
- ‘The chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine are toxic and highly combustible.’
- ‘It was methamphetamine - crystal meth - that brought this part of his life to a close.’
- ‘It is believed that the illegal drug crystal methamphetamine may have been a contributing factor in transmission of the virus.’
- ‘With that much time, habitual crack, methamphetamine, or heroin users can test clean.’
- ‘No significant differences were found in the use of marijuana or methamphetamine across rural areas.’
- ‘But there is confusion out there in the public eye about methamphetamine and amphetamines.’
- ‘He tested positive for the banned stimulant, methamphetamine, after winning the bronze medal in the slalom at Salt Lake City.’
- ‘The tests will target marijuana and methamphetamine and carry a zero tolerance standard.’
- ‘Brandon and his mother are in this home where the drug methamphetamine is being made.’
- ‘Some feel great enough to see no temptation from cocaine or methamphetamine.’
- ‘Ritalin is a stimulant whose effects are similar to those of amphetamine, methamphetamine and cocaine.’
- ‘But again, one does not need to make methamphetamine a class A drug in order to do that.’
- ‘It was then discovered that the monkeys had been mistakenly given methamphetamine, not ecstasy.’
- ‘Use of methamphetamine can cause damage to the brain that is detectable months after the use of the drug.’
- ‘These factors combine to make methamphetamine a drug with high potential for widespread abuse.’
- ‘What we do know is people are injecting speed, methamphetamine, heroin, ecstasy, cocaine.’
- ‘A total of 238 mice were used, half of which were injected with the drug methamphetamine and half salt water.’
- ‘The tests are capable of detecting traces of methamphetamine, heroin and cannabis found in the urine sample.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.