One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of methacrylic acid, especially any of these esters used in making resins by polymerization.
- ‘Another derivative, guaiacol glyceryl ether, is an ingredient in cough medicines, and glycerol methacrylate is used in the manufacture of soft contact lenses to make them permeable to air.’
- ‘About 20% is used in the manufacture of methyl methacrylate to make plastics such as acrylic plastic, which can be used in place of glass.’
- ‘The most durable exterior house paints are based on acrylic co-polymers of materials like methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate.’
- ‘Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.’
- ‘Other chemicals Spry discussed include peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide, formalin, and methyl methacrylate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.