An expert in or student of meteorology; a weather forecaster.‘meteorologists predict rain for the rest of the week’
weather forecaster, met officer, weatherman, weatherwoman, nowcaster, weather prophetView synonyms
- ‘All around the world meteorologists fly helium filled balloons to measure, amongst other things, the temperature of the air at different heights above the ground.’
- ‘The meteorologists who make TV weather maps might denote heavy rainfall with one color and light rainfall with another.’
- ‘The American Meteorology Society has answers to many questions about meteorologists and career in meteorology.’
- ‘I got a glimpse of this difficulty because in my military service I was a weather forecaster, a meteorologist.’
- ‘A good place to find a qualified meteorologist is through the American Meteorological Society.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.