One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cancer) spread to other sites in the body by metastasis.‘cancers that metastasize to the brain’
grow, increase, escalate, advance, develop, broaden, expand, widen, proliferate, mushroomView synonyms
- ‘Vertical-phase tumors are more likely to metastasize (spread cancer to other parts of the body) than radial melanomas.’
- ‘Lung cancers often metastasize to the brain, liver, adrenals, bone, and kidneys but evaluation of these organs is usually directed by symptoms and clinical suspicion rather than by routine scanning.’
- ‘In 70 percent of these cases, the cancer will have metastasized, or spread to other areas of the body.’
- ‘Cancer cells can also metastasize from their original site to other parts of the body.’
- ‘In addition, cancers can metastasize by penetrating into blood vessels, lymphatics, and body cavities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.