One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Speculation concerning mental processes and the mind–body relationship, beyond what can be studied experimentally.
- ‘Many of the assumptions adopted by film theorists from Freudian metapsychology or Lacan seem inadequate in accounting for cinematic pleasure.’
- ‘Freud's metapsychology can be seen as a special offshoot or sub-division of metaphysics.’
- ‘Then we see the conflation of the two different realms of human experience, political geography and metapsychology; and the displacement of the one set of structures for the other.’
- ‘Some Continental feminists map either the metapsychology of Freud or Lacan onto the culture itself, studying social systems as the competing forces of normalization and dissidence.’
- ‘One could venture to explain in this way the myths of paradise and the fall of man, of God, of good and evil, of immortality, and so on, to transform metaphysics into metapsychology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.