Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A glassy deliquescent solid obtained by heating orthophosphoric acid.
- ‘Apoplastic-washed fluid was collected into Eppendorf tubes containing 6% metaphosphoric acid.’
- ‘Upon collection, a 5-mL aliquot of rumen fluid was acidified with 1 mL of 25% metaphosphoric acid and allowed to stand for 30 min.’
- ‘Embryos or endosperms were homogenized in 5% metaphosphoric acid.’
- ‘In this case, to avoid oxidation of ASC contained in samples, AF were collected in centrifuge tubes containing a concentrated solution of metaphosphoric acid.’
- ‘Each frozen sample was homogenized with a mortar and pestle in 5 ml of 2% metaphosphoric acid.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.