One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Alteration of the composition or structure of a rock by heat, pressure, or other natural agency.
- ‘No such difference in the pressure or temperature of metamorphism in the country rock is detectable.’
- ‘A striking characteristic of the Hellenides in the Aegean is the southward propagation of nappe emplacement and high - pressure metamorphism.’
- ‘Baked contacts with host rocks indicate that metamorphism associated with intrusion predates shearing.’
- ‘However, this age could equally relate to post obduction metamorphism.’
- ‘Both thrust and normal faults initiated synchronously with Miocene prograde metamorphism and melting, and have moved episodically since then.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.