One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Alteration of the composition or structure of a rock by heat, pressure, or other natural agency.
- ‘Both thrust and normal faults initiated synchronously with Miocene prograde metamorphism and melting, and have moved episodically since then.’
- ‘No such difference in the pressure or temperature of metamorphism in the country rock is detectable.’
- ‘Baked contacts with host rocks indicate that metamorphism associated with intrusion predates shearing.’
- ‘However, this age could equally relate to post obduction metamorphism.’
- ‘A striking characteristic of the Hellenides in the Aegean is the southward propagation of nappe emplacement and high - pressure metamorphism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.