One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or consisting of several similar segments or somites.
- ‘Indeed, there is: somites in metameric animals usually form sequentially from a posterior growth zone, a process found again in all three branches of the bilaterians.’
- ‘The term iteration is used to denote processes that result in both metameric segments and repeated ectodermal skeletal structures.’
- ‘An organism is considered metameric when its body is mostly formed of serially repeated anatomical units called metameres.’
- ‘Notably, the oldest known Early Cambrian chordate Yunnanozoon had its metameric muscular units located dorsally of the notochord, although its body was laterally compressed.’
- ‘The body divided into a distinct cephalon and metameric trunk.’
dated Having the same proportional composition and molecular weight, but different functional groups and chemical properties; isomeric.
- ‘And chemists use meta - to differentiate certain metameric chemical compounds (such as metacresol, paracresol, orthocresol).’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.