One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The omega-rule, which Carnap proposed in The Logical Syntax of Language, has come into widespread use in metamathematical research over a broad range of subjects.’
- ‘Robinson's theory is based on the metamathematical fact that the system of real numbers is incomplete.’
- ‘Gentzen's proof of the consistency of arithmetic is undoubtedly a very interesting metamathematical result, which may prove very stimulating and fruitful.’
- ‘Meaning is then introduced at the metamathematical level, in the metalanguage.’
- ‘So your little metamathematical formula jumps off the page and applies itself to the universe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.