One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A butterfly with brilliant metallic markings on the wings, found chiefly in tropical America.
Family Riodinidae: several genera
- ‘Unlike the many butterfly species that have several generations a year, Lange's metalmark has only one.’
- ‘And so, in 2001, I actually got to see my first living swamp metalmarks at Dundee Fen in Wisconsin.’
- ‘As their name implies, Mormon metalmarks are mostly a species of the Great Basin, and do not occur across most of the Pacific Northwest.’
- ‘In experiments pitting the two in a Plexiglas arena, the metalmark faced down its nemesis time after time.’
- ‘The family of metalmark butterflies consists of little metalmarks and northern metalmarks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.