One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The descriptive science of the structure and properties of metals.
- ‘With the advent of metallography, and as the body of knowledge pertinent to cast iron increased, other classifications based on microstructural features became possible.’
- ‘It is built up of a number of crystals of the same composition, given the name ferrite in metallography.’
- ‘The austenite-pearlite reaction Pearlite is probably the most familiar micro structural feature in the whole science of metallography.’
- ‘There are two important features of bainite kinetics which can be shown by a variety of techniques, e.g. dilatometry, electrical resistivity, magnetic measurements and by metallography.’
- ‘Extremely careful metallography on tapered sections through the surface of the specimen has shown that fatigue cracks initiate at intrusions and extrusions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.