One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Historically, metallographers have attached grinding papers or polishing cloths to platens in several ways.’
- ‘This allows the metallographer to analyze the data while it is being displayed in real time on the cathode ray tube.’
- ‘Consequently, the ultimate goal of the metallographer is to produce a specimen with a flat, scratch-free mirror like surface showing a true microstructure.’
- ‘In well-characterized alloy systems, the metallographer can examine the microstructure and compare it to published images to identify phases and constituents.’
- ‘One small group of metallographers and materials scientists clearly had a valuable impact on our progress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.