One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Consequently, the ultimate goal of the metallographer is to produce a specimen with a flat, scratch-free mirror like surface showing a true microstructure.’
- ‘This allows the metallographer to analyze the data while it is being displayed in real time on the cathode ray tube.’
- ‘Historically, metallographers have attached grinding papers or polishing cloths to platens in several ways.’
- ‘One small group of metallographers and materials scientists clearly had a valuable impact on our progress.’
- ‘In well-characterized alloy systems, the metallographer can examine the microstructure and compare it to published images to identify phases and constituents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.