One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metalized film added to paint to increase protection against rust.
- ‘On the back of my boat, the silver metalflake is becoming foggy.’
- ‘Less than £100 worth of metalflake will cover most vehicles and all our products are available via mail order or can be collected in person.’
- ‘I want black metalflake on the boat, and of course with a good gelcoat over the top.’
- ‘However, we love to do larger style flake, splinter flake, prism, diamond or any other types of metalflake that's available.’
- ‘Clear coating the finish will help give a glossy finish but the broken edges of the metalflake are exposed and the look is duller.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.