One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The scientific study of the set of metabolites present within an organism, cell, or tissue.‘the potential of metabolomics in the early detection of cancer is also being explored’
- ‘Taken together, metabolomics has reached a resolution where it can serve to provide a system-oriented characterization of gene function, and cellular and physiological responses, although it still needs further improvement.’
- ‘It has been well recognized that one of the limitations of metabolomics has been the difficulty in automating the process of grouping peaks that represent the same compound in multiple chromatograms.’
- ‘"The metabolomics is already used to predict the drug toxicity in the earlier stage and it is also expected to play an important role in the personal medicine," Yang said.’
- ‘"In our study, we propose to evaluate whether the new field of metabolomics can be used to diagnose asthma and follow its treatment," Hammock said.’
- ‘Biology is going through a revolution driven by a series of technological breakthroughs in genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics.’
1990s: from metabolome + -ics, on the pattern of genomics.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.