One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance formed in or necessary for metabolism.
- ‘In other reviews, the role of nitrate and nitrogen metabolites in regulating metabolism and development has been discussed.’
- ‘All of these require metabolism to form genotoxic metabolites in vivo.’
- ‘Malic Acid is the only metabolite of the Krebs Cycle which falls in concentration during exhaustive physical activity.’
- ‘The plasma membrane transport of other metabolites such as amino acids and sugars can also be assayed by the changes in membrane potential.’
- ‘Homocysteine is an intermediary metabolite of essential dietary amino acid methionine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.