One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function key on a keyboard that is activated by simultaneously holding down a control key.
- ‘The keyboard commands are formed by holding down the control and/or meta keys while typing a keystroke that identified the command.’
- ‘It goes against the grain to leave anyone out simply because they can't read text on a video display or press both the meta key and F1 simultaneously.’
- ‘These two keys are called the control and meta keys.’
- ‘Become familiar with each of the tools’ behaviour, and it's modified behaviour in conjunction with the meta keys.’
- ‘If the above meta keys do not work for some reason you can use the escape key instead by typing it as a separate keystroke.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.