One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In order for any such dispute to conclude, there has got to be a resolution of a contest between those who speak for the neatly ideal and those who speak for the messily real.’
- ‘A man eats something messily to prove he's relaxed and cute.’
- ‘It's full of deciduous tress messily laying their leaves around.’
- ‘But by the time it actually hit the screen in the autumn, the new media bubble had burst as messily as an over-inflated squirrel.’
- ‘It was the same way she used to fill in coloring books: quickly, messily, veering out of the lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.