One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Meddle or interfere with so as to spoil or cause trouble.‘stop messing with things you don't understand’
interfere, butt in, intrude, intervene, interlope, pry, poke, nose, busybody, interpose, obtrude, thrustView synonyms
- ‘Maybe that would teach her a lesson to stop messing with me.’
- ‘He would regret messing with me and interfering with the master's plans!’
- ‘Stop drinking alcohol and coffee - they mess with your brain chemicals.’
- ‘But Glenda said he stopped messing with her then because he knew she'd call the law on him.’
- ‘It's what you get when gamers stop blasting aliens for a second and start messing with the narrative.’
- ‘I want them all to stop messing with what is left of the natural world.’
- ‘If we're really serious about the nation's health then let's tackle the big issues first and stop messing with the small pleasures of many of our citizens.’
- ‘You can't mess with these tides, nothing can slow, stop or control them.’
- ‘Thousands of angry country residents twice marched on London to warn ministers not to mess with their right to hunt.’
- ‘They all knew that Jordan still liked me, and no guy was going to mess with me if Jordan interfered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.