One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The middle segment of the thorax of an insect, bearing the forewings or elytra.
- ‘We compared the extent of pruinescence on the head, pterothorax (fused mesothorax and metathorax), and abdominal segments 1 to 10 between males of the two species.’
- ‘For this purpose a paper flag, made from a small piece of white cardboard is glued to the dorsum of the mesothorax in about vertical direction.’
- ‘Tufted is a classical Drosophila mutant characterized by a large number of ectopic mechanosensory bristles on the dorsal mesothorax.’
- ‘There is a rather extensive membranous area separating the sterna of the mesothorax and the metathorax.’
- ‘The first cutting position was across the mesothorax (the third segment) to view the anterior spiracle, and the spines between pro- and mesothorax.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.