One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cancer of mesothelial tissue, associated especially with exposure to asbestos.
- ‘The coroner recorded a verdict that he died from the industrial disease mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer.’
- ‘It was only seven months earlier that the asbestos cancer, mesothelioma, had been diagnosed.’
- ‘By the age of 48 he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, nicknamed asbestos cancer, and died five years later at his home in Lanhill View.’
- ‘Now, of course, it is well known that it can cause asbestosis or mesothelioma, a malignant tumour of the lung lining caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.’
- ‘Conversely, there are few risk factors other than asbestos exposure for mesothelioma.’
- ‘About 90% of deaths due to mesothelioma are due to exposure to asbestos in unmonitored settings.’
- ‘Then, there's the fact that not every mesothelioma is caused by asbestos.’
- ‘Malignant mesothelioma is an uncommon neoplasm yet it is the most common primary malignancy of the pleura.’
- ‘Such asbestos-related diseases include mesothelioma, a terminal cancer of the lining of the lungs.’
- ‘However, some individuals with only brief exposures have developed mesothelioma.’
- ‘Periodic health surveillance for lung cancer or mesothelioma is not recommended.’
- ‘SV40 does not have a role in the majority of malignant mesotheliomas - a cancer associated with exposure to asbestos - according to a study in this month's Cancer Research.’
- ‘At least 3500 people in Great Britain die each year from mesothelioma and asbestos related lung cancer as a result of past exposure to asbestos.’
- ‘At the age of 58, he has the incurable asbestos-related cancer mesothelioma and could have only months left to live.’
- ‘In Jameson, an employee contracted mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos at work.’
- ‘And as yet there is no cure for mesothelioma, a cancer of the lung lining caused by asbestos.’
- ‘The fibres stick in lung tissue, causing fatal diseases such as asbestosis and mesothelioma, both rare and aggressive forms of cancer.’
- ‘He said ‘There is an equivocal association between mesothelioma and asbestos exposure.’’
- ‘His solicitors said he was in good health until diagnosed in December 2002 with mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure.’
- ‘Therefore, the existence of childhood mesothelioma may be one reason why researchers do not attribute all mesotheliomas to asbestos exposure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.