Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cancer of mesothelial tissue, associated especially with exposure to asbestos.
- ‘By the age of 48 he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, nicknamed asbestos cancer, and died five years later at his home in Lanhill View.’
- ‘The coroner recorded a verdict that he died from the industrial disease mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer.’
- ‘SV40 does not have a role in the majority of malignant mesotheliomas - a cancer associated with exposure to asbestos - according to a study in this month's Cancer Research.’
- ‘Conversely, there are few risk factors other than asbestos exposure for mesothelioma.’
- ‘Periodic health surveillance for lung cancer or mesothelioma is not recommended.’
- ‘Therefore, the existence of childhood mesothelioma may be one reason why researchers do not attribute all mesotheliomas to asbestos exposure.’
- ‘And as yet there is no cure for mesothelioma, a cancer of the lung lining caused by asbestos.’
- ‘About 90% of deaths due to mesothelioma are due to exposure to asbestos in unmonitored settings.’
- ‘In Jameson, an employee contracted mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos at work.’
- ‘Then, there's the fact that not every mesothelioma is caused by asbestos.’
- ‘However, some individuals with only brief exposures have developed mesothelioma.’
- ‘Such asbestos-related diseases include mesothelioma, a terminal cancer of the lining of the lungs.’
- ‘Malignant mesothelioma is an uncommon neoplasm yet it is the most common primary malignancy of the pleura.’
- ‘His solicitors said he was in good health until diagnosed in December 2002 with mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure.’
- ‘He said ‘There is an equivocal association between mesothelioma and asbestos exposure.’’
- ‘The fibres stick in lung tissue, causing fatal diseases such as asbestosis and mesothelioma, both rare and aggressive forms of cancer.’
- ‘At the age of 58, he has the incurable asbestos-related cancer mesothelioma and could have only months left to live.’
- ‘Now, of course, it is well known that it can cause asbestosis or mesothelioma, a malignant tumour of the lung lining caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.’
- ‘At least 3500 people in Great Britain die each year from mesothelioma and asbestos related lung cancer as a result of past exposure to asbestos.’
- ‘It was only seven months earlier that the asbestos cancer, mesothelioma, had been diagnosed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.