One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant needing only a moderate amount of water.
- ‘Interestingly, unlike mesophytes, none of the hydrophytes showed ability to accumulate proline.’
- ‘A higher mesophyll resistance in woody plants than in herbs, and in sclerophylls than in mesophytes, has been reported.’
- ‘According to these considerations, the factor of light appears as the first of many different environmental factors for the ecological plant sociology of mesophytes.’
- ‘Consequently, cuticles of plant species adapted to dry conditions have, by one to two orders of magnitude, lower permeances for water than cuticles of mesophytes from more humid climates.’
- ‘The values measured lie within the mainstream range for bryophytes of similar habitats and of vascular mesophytes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.