- ‘The Tribunal also held that the interest amount referable to mesne profits is not taxable.’
- ‘The trial court was directed to hold an enquiry and then to determine the amount of mesne profits which was payable.’
- ‘The register of mesne conveyances in Berkeley County is elected for a term of four years, and until his successor is elected in the general election and qualifies.’
- ‘And there are mesne profits cases in which the plaintiff has suffered a small loss but the defendant has made a larger gain.’
- ‘The concept of mesne profit could arise in the case of a tenant and a landlord.’
- ‘Neither the mesne landlord nor the head landlord can enter the subtenant's accommodation without permission.’
- ‘The period prescribed for the commencement of an action for mesne profits of real property is within 10 years.’
Late Middle English (as adverb and noun): from legal French, variant of Anglo-Norman French meen middle (see mean).