One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sir Cedric Hughes was a legend in the world of the occult, one of the finest mesmerists of his time.’
- ‘Novelist Evelyn Waugh graphically described the tableau as ‘a wildly vivacious statue of the Abbe Faria, a Goan mesmerist of the Napoleonic era, caught here in hot bronze at the climax of an experiment, rampant over an entranced female.’’
- ‘There were flyers for mesmerists, automatic writing machines, the pig-faced woman, and in one instance, an elephant - the first one to tour North America.’
- ‘The kid mesmerized; woman secretly a mesmerist?’
- ‘She becomes the victim of the mesmerist Dr Miracle, who forces her to sing herself to death.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.