A salad made from a selection of lettuces with other edible leaves such as dandelion greens, mustard greens, and radicchio.
- ‘The restaurants below are serving up a unique mesclun of Japanese sensibilities, Hawaii ingredients, and international savoir faire with dishes that you won't find anywhere else in the world.’
- ‘They'd seen the show before, but then they'd had shish kebab and mesclun salad before, and that hadn't dampened their appetites.’
- ‘Roast pork, complete with tooth-smashing crackling, and a hearty side helping of bitter greens - puha, if you can find some in your suburban paradise, but a good mesclun and radicchio salad will do.’
- ‘The more successful of the two salads we had consisted of cold poached salmon with a mascarpone-slathered crostini, some mesclun and a zingy cucumber and caper relish.’
- ‘Spread on top of a flour tortilla; layer with deli roast beef, mint leaves, and mesclun salad mix.’
- ‘We have followed the larger market trends toward more adventurous eating, i.e. mesclun greens, fresh herbs, exotic vegetables.’
- ‘The chicken club sandwich had a grilled chicken breast, bacon and mayonnaise, and came with a crisp mesclun salad.’
- ‘The selection of vegetables includes crudités, such as carrots and celery, mesclun (mixed greens) and sliced tomatoes with pesto and grated Parmesan.’
- ‘Of course mesclun salad has to have wild mushrooms.’
- ‘Also I couldn't find tarragon and chervil, so I just used mesclun salad greens with a bit of edible flowers.’
- ‘And the other day we had a fab mesclun salad with roast pears, spicy hazelnuts and blue cheese dressing.’
- ‘Just before serving, mix the julienned figs, peatendrils, and mesclun with the vinaigrette.’
- ‘Veteran growers at the market offered garlic shoots, Asian greens, mesclun mixes, hot peppers, and lots of herbs.’
- ‘Thin-skinned crab ravioli are adrift in a gingery consommé studded with the same golden beets that brighten up his citrus-and-miso-dressed mesclun salad.’
- ‘Choose looseleaf lettuce varieties like ‘Oak Leaf’ or ‘Red Sails’, or any mesclun.’
- ‘Instead, I had the mixed greens, a fresh mound of mesclun topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘Spinach, cilantro, ‘Sylvetta’ arugula, mustards, oriental greens, lettuce and mesclun mixes can all be planted in cold soil.’
- ‘Begin by eating two daily servings of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables (like apples or mesclun salad greens) and one daily serving of whole grains (like oatmeal).’
- ‘In a bowl, mix the mesclun with half of the vinaigrette and season.’
- ‘You have her to thank for all the mesclun (that baby greens mix) that is everywhere you turn these days.’
Provençal, literally mixture from mesclar mix thoroughly.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.