One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hallucinogenic and intoxicating compound present in mescal buttons from the peyote cactus.
Alternative name: 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine; chemical formula: (CH₃O)₃C₆H₂CH₂CH₂NH₂
- ‘The new amounts are 20 grams of marijuana, 5 grams of hashish, mescaline or opium, 1.5 grams of cocaine, 1 gram of heroin or methamphetamine, and 0.003 grams of LSD.’
- ‘Ecstasy, also known as MDMA, is a synthetic, psychoactive drug chemically similar to the stimulant methamphetamine and the hallucinogen mescaline.’
- ‘This class includes LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide), mescaline and peyote.’
- ‘It is considered the typical hallucinogen, and the characteristics of its action and effects described in this Research Report apply to the other hallucinogens, including mescaline, psilocybin, and ibogaine.’
- ‘This problem is compounded for the class of chemicals termed alkaloids, which includes most drugs of abuse: heroin, cocaine, nicotine, mescaline, LSD, and others.’
- ‘Also, hallucinogenic drugs, such as mescaline and LSD, are known to produce visions of striped tunnels and spiral chambers.’
- ‘A transient experience of synaesthesia can be induced in non-synaesthetes by drugs such as hashish and mescaline.’
- ‘The band's prodigious consumption of marijuana, mescaline and LSD helped transform them into one of the most influential pioneers of what was to become known as psychedelic rock.’
- ‘Some hallucinogens, such as PCP and MDMA are addictive, while others, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline are not.’
- ‘MDMA is structurally similar to amphetamine and mescaline, which is a hallucinogen.’
- ‘A relative of both amphetamine and mescaline, MDMA is often described as a stimulant with psychedelic qualities.’
- ‘MDMA is structurally similar to the stimulant methamphetamine and to the hallucinogen mescaline, lending to its effects as both a stimulant and hallucinogenic.’
- ‘Different drugs like mescaline, coke, heroin and mushrooms are mentioned in the song.’
- ‘An extra complication is the large number of drawings in his oeuvre that were done under the influence of hallucinogens, especially mescaline.’
- ‘When misrepresented, phencyclidine is usually marketed as THC, mescaline, peyote, methamphetamine, and LSD.’
- ‘At Stanford, volunteering for psychology experiments, he discovered mescaline, LSD and hallucinations.’
- ‘They were basically protocols for taking hashish, mescaline and opium.’
- ‘They were first exposed to powerful psychedelics such as LSD, mescaline, and psilocybin as volunteers in government military research in the early '60s.’
- ‘For example, a person who experiences a hallucination on LSD or mescaline might see the exact same hallucination days later while high on marijuana alone.’
- ‘During the 1940s and 1950s both scientists and government intelligence agencies were interested in using hallucinogenic drugs such as mescaline and LSD as a ‘truth drug’.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.