One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was meritoriously advanced to Petty Officer 1st Class by the Chief of Navy Operations in a recent Pentagon ceremony.’
- ‘In a pre-emptive strike against the menacing spectre of boredom, I had decided I would write a letter to someone conducting themselves meritoriously.’
- ‘Students will pass their exams meritoriously.’
- ‘Since he had just been meritoriously advanced to petty officer 3rd class, and had a great service record, Saez found he was eligible for the opportunity of a lifetime.’
- ‘Not only were they much the stronger during this period, but they were better together, and gained their great triumph most meritoriously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.