One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In a pre-emptive strike against the menacing spectre of boredom, I had decided I would write a letter to someone conducting themselves meritoriously.’
- ‘Not only were they much the stronger during this period, but they were better together, and gained their great triumph most meritoriously.’
- ‘Students will pass their exams meritoriously.’
- ‘Since he had just been meritoriously advanced to petty officer 3rd class, and had a great service record, Saez found he was eligible for the opportunity of a lifetime.’
- ‘He was meritoriously advanced to Petty Officer 1st Class by the Chief of Navy Operations in a recent Pentagon ceremony.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.