One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The lack of mercenariness was a distinctive feature of this brilliant practical surgeon.’
- ‘But alas, the mercenariness prevalent in our game will ensure that the high turnover of personnel at the Jags will rise exponentially with the club's success.’
- ‘Everything hinges on a young woman's disguise as a chevalier, ostensibly to witness first-hand the mercenariness of a potential husband, Lelio.’
- ‘My immediate reaction, however, was to despair of the sheer mercenariness of it all.’
- ‘What dismayed me the most about the exchanges on the website was the display of simple, raw mercenariness among new lawyers just entering the profession.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.