One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spicy Mexican soup made from tripe.
- ‘If you are into Mexican food they serve menudo, fajitas, various types of tacos, enchiladas, carnitas, rice, beans and more.’
- ‘It combines Hispanic influences, from the Mexican soup menudo, made with tripe, hominy, and chili powder, with Italian elements, adding cheese and garlic to the soup.’
- ‘Made with beef tripe and hominy, menudo is often flavored with garlic, onions, and dried chilies.’
- ‘Families bring their own pots to buy menudo - tripe and pig's foot stew - and other specialities in bulk on weekends.’
- ‘‘Everybody got together at my grandmother's house for an enormous meal: posole, menudo, tamales,’ he says.’
Noun use of a Mexican Spanish adjective meaning ‘small’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.