Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A horizontal bar, typically located at the top of the screen below the title bar, containing drop-down menus.
- ‘In a Rekall application, there is a standard menu bar and toolbar with commands that allow the end user to execute queries and complete other tasks.’
- ‘When you are in that familiar directory seven levels deep, simply click Bookmarks on the menu bar and then select Add Bookmark.’
- ‘To find out what all the keystrokes do, click Settings on the menu bar and select Configure Shortcuts.’
- ‘The " Admin’ menu on the main menu bar provides access to the system administrator functions.’
- ‘Dell also provides Switcher Bar, an app switcher, which usefully lets you quit unneeded apps, but is positioned in the menu bar at the top of the screen so it obscures the name of the application you happen to be using at any given moment.’
menu bar/ˈmenyo͞o bär/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.