One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a program or computer) used by making selections from menus.
- ‘The size of a pager, the pump has menu-driven programming and can hold up to 300 units of insulin.’
- ‘The survey instrument was a specially created, extensive, and very structured menu-driven questionnaire that covered a broad spectrum of symptoms within 12 different categories of physical health or function.’
- ‘A relatively new entry from ‘down under’ is SmartSpec, a menu-driven specification system that can work independently of any word-processor.’
- ‘The trackball cursor devices and menu-driven displays, for instance, control nearly every piece of avionics in the cockpit.’
- ‘First, the use of computerized, menu-driven questionnaires, which allowed for direct input of data into the computers, enhanced the accuracy and consistency of the interviews.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.