One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a program or computer) used by making selections from menus.
- ‘The size of a pager, the pump has menu-driven programming and can hold up to 300 units of insulin.’
- ‘First, the use of computerized, menu-driven questionnaires, which allowed for direct input of data into the computers, enhanced the accuracy and consistency of the interviews.’
- ‘The survey instrument was a specially created, extensive, and very structured menu-driven questionnaire that covered a broad spectrum of symptoms within 12 different categories of physical health or function.’
- ‘A relatively new entry from ‘down under’ is SmartSpec, a menu-driven specification system that can work independently of any word-processor.’
- ‘The trackball cursor devices and menu-driven displays, for instance, control nearly every piece of avionics in the cockpit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.