One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is advised, trained, or counseled by a mentor.
- ‘The mentee may just shadow the mentor on occasion or they may role play certain scenarios that the mentee finds challenging.’
- ‘The mentee learns more quickly with a mentor than by reading a book or taking a class.’
- ‘Getting to know the mentee also may be accomplished in an informal arena.’
- ‘Be your searching, tentative, very human self instead of trying to impress your mentee by claiming to be perfect.’
- ‘Getting to know the mentee allows him or her to succeed.’
- ‘Today, the former mentee is a staff writer covering education for a newspaper in Washington State.’
- ‘Explain to the mentee the role of the staff nurse.’
- ‘Receiving well-intended advice that does not help the situation should not cause a mentee to abandon a mentor.’
- ‘In some programs the emphasis is on the mentee choosing the mentor; in others the mentor gets to choose.’
- ‘Through mentorship, nurses can help others grow, while encouraging each mentee toward self-actualization and autonomy.’
- ‘The mentee should have goals in mind for the relationship.’
- ‘At present mentorships run at no cost to the mentee.’
- ‘The mentor must be an advocate for the mentee.’
- ‘Traditionally, a mentor imparts what he or she believes the mentee ought to know - the leader/follower model.’
- ‘The confidence of the mentee also increases through the mentoring relationship.’
- ‘Sometimes a mentor may not be able to provide the exact guidance or development a mentee requires.’
- ‘The mentors are also on hand to guide their mentee through the fundraising process.’
- ‘This arrangement ensures that, in the event of an absent partner, neither mentor nor mentee is alone during activities.’
- ‘The sign of a good mentor - like a good parent - is to help the mentee deal with disappointment.’
- ‘The mentee who wishes to be successful may look elsewhere for the knowledge necessary to be successful in his or her new role.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.