One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
thinking, line of thought, train of thought, thought, thought process, logic, reason, rationality, analysis, interpretation, explanation, deduction, rationalization, argumentationView synonyms
- ‘The eyes open and so forth, and the person becomes aware of being completely paralysed, and oftentimes it will happen as if elements of dream mentation will intrude into wakefulness, these are the hypnopopic hallucinations.’
- ‘In fact, the presence of slow eye movements is considered to be an extremely accurate indicator of hypnagogic mentation.’
- ‘Because psychopathology and diminished mentation can influence food intake, both mental status and cognitive ability should be assessed, particularly in older adult patients.’
- ‘Aside from dreams, a relatively large proportion of awakenings from deep sleep in laboratory situations are associated with reports of mentation and sometimes dreamlike imagery.’
- ‘So, the REM mentation of infants, which we are arguing constitutes a type of dreaming, probably consists of recreations with important sensory information that is taken in while awake.’
Mid 19th century: from Latin mens, ment- ‘mind’ + -ation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.