Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In a manner relating to the mind.‘soldiers become physically and mentally exhausted’
in one's mind, in the mind, in one's brain, in the brain, in one's head, in the head, inwardly, intellectually, cerebrally, cognitively, psychologically, psychicallyView synonyms
- ‘They are still preparing for it mentally and physically tuning into the games.’
- ‘She had suggested he find a psychoanalyst to help him fight the cancer mentally.’
- ‘He would watch the videos and try to mentally replay the action and line of the bowlers.’
- ‘I have been driving the car quite a lot so I was physically prepared and mentally focused.’
- ‘They were then given two and a half hours to rest in their hotel rooms and prepare mentally for the match.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.