One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An institution where patients with psychiatric disorders live while receiving treatment.‘he will face psychiatric tests to see if he should be held in a secure mental hospital rather than jail’
- ‘In addition to its clear-eyed look at mental hospital residents as people first, and patients second, the movie also provides a glimpse at the emotionally draining routine of a therapist.’
- ‘Serious deterioration in his mental condition led to his admission to mental hospital, where he died of tuberculosis.’
- ‘Full moons do not cause more mental hospital admissions, psychiatric disturbances, homicide or other crime.’
- ‘The rest of his life was spent in and out of mental hospitals as his family travelled around Europe.’
- ‘The victim of deteriorating mental health in his later life, he died in a mental hospital.’
- ‘Unable to control his outbursts of extreme violence, he has spent the past several years in a mental hospital.’
- ‘She was declared insane and spent about 2 years in a mental hospital before she was freed.’
- ‘He recently was released from a mental hospital, according to the court filings.’
- ‘She was eventually placed in the state mental hospital, and her children were declared wards of the state.’
- ‘She's had a psychotic breakdown, and been committed to a mental hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.