One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothes for men.
- ‘A silk satin column wrap train dress was pretty and poised, while the silk velvet tuxedo turned out a new spin on menswear.’
- ‘I could go as far as saying that his style is the blueprint of dressy menswear.’
- ‘The show featured both menswear and womenswear, but next season's womenswear outshines menswear!’
- ‘Here is our review of the shows that, in our opinion, best represented the current and future trends in menswear.’
- ‘There's no better time than the present to shop at EJ's menswear, as every time you purchase you are in with a chance of winning a car.’
- ‘Women borrowed jackets, ties, hats and other styles from menswear to construct less frilly and ornamental ensembles.’
- ‘Mr Mountford conceded the group had been helped by the revival of formal dressing, which handily for them boils down to suits, suits and more suits when it comes to the world of menswear.’
- ‘As far as menswear is concerned, nothing seemed too terribly impressive to make me want to run out and buy anything for my closest male friends.’
- ‘The store, which opened last week in the Kirkgate Centre, is one of a limited chain which offer the group's full range of clothing, including menswear.’
- ‘Emporio Armani sells a full range of menswear and womenswear, accessories, fragrances and eyewear.’
- ‘The company was recently restructured into two divisions, menswear and womenswear, headed by Bill Christie and Karen Schneider.’
- ‘He has introduced menswear in the shape of waistcoats and ties.’
- ‘High fashion menswear is much more difficult to find than clothing for women but not impossible.’
- ‘Nuria Sendra showed some of the few menswear items, with her black cape being one of the more memorable.’
- ‘His menswear pieces, to the last one, were well-built, sturdy designs that were stylishly masculine.’
- ‘The work consists of couture, lingerie, textiles and menswear.’
- ‘It is also Ireland's only trade fair dedicated to womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, footwear and accessories.’
- ‘Many local menswear shops have bitten the dust in recent years, and sales at men's specialty stores haven't budged in a decade.’
- ‘Milan's most recent menswear collections feature vibrant tones and a sense of personal style re-discovered.’
- ‘Some menswear shops do sell more imaginative clothes - but the assistants have rarely met any customers over the age of 36.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.