One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothes for men.
- ‘It is also Ireland's only trade fair dedicated to womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, footwear and accessories.’
- ‘Some menswear shops do sell more imaginative clothes - but the assistants have rarely met any customers over the age of 36.’
- ‘He has introduced menswear in the shape of waistcoats and ties.’
- ‘Milan's most recent menswear collections feature vibrant tones and a sense of personal style re-discovered.’
- ‘The store, which opened last week in the Kirkgate Centre, is one of a limited chain which offer the group's full range of clothing, including menswear.’
- ‘The company was recently restructured into two divisions, menswear and womenswear, headed by Bill Christie and Karen Schneider.’
- ‘A silk satin column wrap train dress was pretty and poised, while the silk velvet tuxedo turned out a new spin on menswear.’
- ‘I could go as far as saying that his style is the blueprint of dressy menswear.’
- ‘Many local menswear shops have bitten the dust in recent years, and sales at men's specialty stores haven't budged in a decade.’
- ‘Nuria Sendra showed some of the few menswear items, with her black cape being one of the more memorable.’
- ‘Women borrowed jackets, ties, hats and other styles from menswear to construct less frilly and ornamental ensembles.’
- ‘His menswear pieces, to the last one, were well-built, sturdy designs that were stylishly masculine.’
- ‘Mr Mountford conceded the group had been helped by the revival of formal dressing, which handily for them boils down to suits, suits and more suits when it comes to the world of menswear.’
- ‘High fashion menswear is much more difficult to find than clothing for women but not impossible.’
- ‘Here is our review of the shows that, in our opinion, best represented the current and future trends in menswear.’
- ‘As far as menswear is concerned, nothing seemed too terribly impressive to make me want to run out and buy anything for my closest male friends.’
- ‘There's no better time than the present to shop at EJ's menswear, as every time you purchase you are in with a chance of winning a car.’
- ‘Emporio Armani sells a full range of menswear and womenswear, accessories, fragrances and eyewear.’
- ‘The show featured both menswear and womenswear, but next season's womenswear outshines menswear!’
- ‘The work consists of couture, lingerie, textiles and menswear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.