Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process in a woman of discharging blood and other materials from the lining of the uterus at intervals of about one lunar month from puberty until menopause, except during pregnancy.
period, menstrual cyclethe curse, monthlies, one's time of the month, the time of the month, being on the ragmenses, menarche, show, menorrhoeatimecatamenia, flowersView synonyms
- ‘Women around the age of 50 are usually considered to be past their menopause if menstruation has not occurred for a year.’
- ‘Women have higher iron needs because of physiological losses through menstruation and pregnancy.’
- ‘Your temperature rises after ovulation and falls back down again at menstruation, until the next time you ovulate.’
- ‘Typically, menstruation and ovulation cease with the menopause, at around age 51 or 52.’
- ‘Topics will include menstruation, sexuality, pregnancy and childbirth in a cultural context.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.