The process in a woman of discharging blood and other materials from the lining of the uterus at intervals of about one lunar month from puberty until menopause, except during pregnancy.
period, menstrual cyclethe curse, monthlies, one's time of the month, the time of the month, being on the ragmenses, menarche, show, menorrhoeatimecatamenia, flowersView synonyms
- ‘Your temperature rises after ovulation and falls back down again at menstruation, until the next time you ovulate.’
- ‘Topics will include menstruation, sexuality, pregnancy and childbirth in a cultural context.’
- ‘Women around the age of 50 are usually considered to be past their menopause if menstruation has not occurred for a year.’
- ‘Typically, menstruation and ovulation cease with the menopause, at around age 51 or 52.’
- ‘Women have higher iron needs because of physiological losses through menstruation and pregnancy.’