One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process in a woman of discharging blood and other materials from the lining of the uterus at intervals of about one lunar month from puberty until menopause, except during pregnancy.
period, menstrual cycleView synonyms
- ‘Women have higher iron needs because of physiological losses through menstruation and pregnancy.’
- ‘Your temperature rises after ovulation and falls back down again at menstruation, until the next time you ovulate.’
- ‘Women around the age of 50 are usually considered to be past their menopause if menstruation has not occurred for a year.’
- ‘Typically, menstruation and ovulation cease with the menopause, at around age 51 or 52.’
- ‘Topics will include menstruation, sexuality, pregnancy and childbirth in a cultural context.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.